Update – January 12th, 2021
In light of the Government of Ontario’s state of emergency announcement, our office remains open for all routine and emergency services. Dental offices along with other essential services are exempt from the government-mandated COVID-19 restrictions.
How We’re Ensuring Patient Safety
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. We follow recommendations made by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO), the Ontario Dental Association (ODA) and the Ontario Ministry of Health. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We’ve installed a medical-grade air purification system that eliminates airborne infectious agents.
- Our staff have been trained on the use of full PPE to protect our patients and help combat COVID-19.
- There will be an increase in our routine cleaning and disinfecting protocol.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand and when you are in the office to ask some screening questions. You’ll also have your temperature taken using an infrared thermometer.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Dr. Annette S. Simbulan, Dr. Somaya Haffajee, Dr. Jerry Jesin, Dr. Albine Miciano-Wiersema & Team